The Foundry Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Foundry Forums

All things related to Table Top Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our website!! Please register an account and come chat with us or check out our calendar of events.   And don't forget to visit our Web Store for our Magic Singles !

Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SonBae

Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) Empty
PostSubject: Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)   Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Details HERE
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)   Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Latest news! There will be 2 ...yes 2! tournaments at the Rumble. The first will be the MW discussed above. The second will be an Early War tourney on Sunday (maybe Saturday night and Sunday) and then a special Iron Man Award for the player with the best combined score.

The EW tourney details are still being worked so we can get something meaningful but still get people home at a decent time. Stay posted....more to follow!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Link2edition

PostSubject: Re: Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)   Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:29 pm

I suspect that the Early war tourney will have a good showing since no one ever runs them but several players have armies for it!
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)   Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:26 pm

What are your thoughts on a 2 round tourney just on Sunday for EW or 3 rounds with the 1st round that starting late on Saturday night and the last 2 rounds on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Link2edition

PostSubject: Re: Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)   Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:50 pm

I really think the EW needs to be a three round tourney as well.

Two rounds is more of a pick up game than a tournament.
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)   Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:51 am

The Redstone Rumble in Huntsville Alabama 4-5 October.  Not just 1, but 2…yes 2….tournaments will be in Flames of War first appearance in the Rumble.  Come help us make a great showing and show the 40k, WHFB and Warmahordes crews who really knows how to game.

Breakout:
- Mid War 1485 points on 4 October 2014
- Early War 1550 points with 1st rd the night of 4 October and finishing the morning of 5 October

Register:  CAGE Registration (FoW)  
Entry Fee: $35 ($50 if you do both MW and EW tourneys)

Event Timeline:
To be posted, but Mid War tourney will start the morning of 4 October and the 1st round of the Early War tournament will start after dinner on 5 October.  The last 2 rounds of the Early war will start the first thing on the morning of 5 October prior to the tournament awards ceremony.

Format:
- Standard 3 round tournament with all missions being either FFA, Encounter, Fighting Withdrawal, No retreat, Breakthrough, Dust-up, Blind Domination
- No Mid-war monsters
- All miniature manufacturers are welcome
- Players will be randomly seeded for first round, with minor adjustment by Tournament Organizer to ensure meta diversity (i.e. I will try hard not to pair players from the same Meta or who rode together, etc…).  Later rounds will be paired by performance and the players with the highest scores will face each other

Awards:
- Best Commander.  Player with the highest score for that tournament
- Iron Commander.  Player with the highest combined score for both tournaments
- Best Painted Flames of War Army.  Overall best painted and presented Army from both tournaments.  

Army Lists:
- Lists can be drawn from any current (Version 3 approved) Battlefront Mid War book/PDF for the MW tournament of EW book/PDF for the Early War tournament.
- (Easy Army) can be (and is encouraged to be) used for list creation. Should there be any differences between an EasyArmy list and official publications (rules, lists, clarifications, etc…) the official publication will take precedence.
- Players can email their lists to the TO (FoWTourney@knology.net) prior to noon (Central Time) on 2 October 2014 if they wish. This is assumed to be their final list; if there are any changes, players must furnish an update via email prior to the 2 October 2014 cut-off or at the event on 4 October 2014.
- Please make at least 2 copies of your list. One copy of the final list will be turned in to the Tournament Organizer at registration and one is for your use during the tournament. It is also encouraged that you make at least one additional copy for your opponents to use during your matches. If you email your list to the TO prior to noon (Central Time) on 2 October 2014, the TO will make 5 copies of your list…one for the TO’s records, one for you and one for each of your 3 opponents. Should there be any changes to your list after 2 October, players must furnish the required copies of the list as stated above.

Stay tuned as more info is released
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)   Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 4:44 am

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you bad news...Flames of War has been bumped from the Rumble to make way for games that have seen more active registrations. But fear not! We are Flames of War players and have learned to adapt!

The MW and the EW tourney will still go on! The Foundry has opened their doors to us yet again. The MW tournament will be on 4 October with registration starting at 0930 and dice rolling at 1000 hrs. Format will be the same 1485 pts as seen in the post above.

The EW tourney will be on 5 October (all 3 rounds) and will be 1550 pts with the format being the same as the day before. We will need to start a little earlier to help our out of town guests get out at a reasonable time (shooting for ending NLT 1630). Plan for registration to start at 0830 and dice to roll at 0900 hrs.

Entry fee has dropped to $20 for each event. Prizes for 1st place in each tournament as well as a special prize for the Iron Commander (best from both tournaments) and Best Painted from both tournaments (each army graded separately). Since things have changed, I do ask that if you are interested in attending either event, or better yet both, please post a confirmation below or email me at fowtourney@knology.net.

If you have registered for the Rumble, let me know and I will see what I can do about getting you a refund. But according to the Rumble staff there were no Flames signups as of this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)   Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14) Empty

Back to top Go down

Flames @ Redstone Rumble (Sep/Oct 14)
Page 1 of 1