The Foundry Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Foundry Forums

All things related to Table Top Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our website!! Please register an account and come chat with us or check out our calendar of events.   And don't forget to visit our Web Store for our Magic Singles !

New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WD40

New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army. Empty
PostSubject: New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army.   New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 pm

So as the title shows, I am a new player to Flames of War, looking to begin picking up and playing this game. However now comes the important question.

Which army do I start with?

I have some idea as to what I want to do. A mostly tank force. However I have no idea what the different strengths and weaknesses of each nation are. Some Flames of War websites say that Russia is best at tanks. Then another will say they are terrible at it and that Russia's strength is in infantry waves. This is the kind of contradictory information I have been given several times.

So I come here asking: For a new player which nation tends to do best at tanks? And if the answer is 'all of them' or something like that, then what is each nation's strengths and weaknesses at running mostly tank lists?
Back to top Go down
rdxpress

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army.   New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi WD, Welcome to the war! IMHO if you want to go with mostly Armor you only have 2 choices 1. German, They wrotebthe book on armor and were a force throughout the whole war! 2. U.S., They had a rough start at the beginning of the war but with Patton, Abrams and tech they became a force to be reckoned with! Downside for U.S. is that they really weren't a force until late war(for FoW purposes) these are my opinions and others might disagree but I would go germans as you make up viable lists for all eras with minimal cash outlay, Good Hunting, Gary
Back to top Go down
Magyar Steel

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army.   New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army. EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:04 pm

Late to the party, BUT, GERMAN TANKS ARE TYPICALLY THE BEST AND EASIEST STARTER FORCE TO MASTER. German Special Rules and Quality give you an easier learning curve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army.   New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army. Empty

Back to top Go down

New Player Needing Help Deciding On Army.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Foundry Forums :: Flames of War :: Flames of War General Discussion-
Jump to: