The Foundry Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Foundry Forums

All things related to Table Top Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our website!! Please register an account and come chat with us or check out our calendar of events.   And don't forget to visit our Web Store for our Magic Singles !

Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SonBae

Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 Empty
PostSubject: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Frontal Assault II to be held 26 Apr 14.  More to follow.
Back to top Go down
Magyar Steel

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Count me in on this. Let me know how many tables you need from me. I will provide 2 maybe 3 if absolutely necessary, but no more.
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:47 am

Roger!  Details updated on main page, but will repost here:

Registration is now open.  email fowtourney@knology.net

Specifics:

Date:  26 April 2014

The Foundry
7914 Memorial Parkway SW
Huntsville AL 35802
256-213-7467

Period:  Late War

Entry Fee:  $20 ($15 if complete army is fully painted/based).  Fees collected go to prize support.

Timeline:
       0900 --- Doors Open for Registration
0930-0945 --- Tourney Briefing
1000-1200 --- Round 1Start
1200-1300 --- Lunch Break/Painting Competition
1300-1500 --- Round 2 Start
1530-1730 --- Round 3 Start
1745-1815 --- Awards Ceremony

Format:  "Battle Plan" format with all missions being either FFA, Encounter, Fighting Withdrawal, No retreat, Breakthrough, Dust-up, Blind Domination, or "No Man's Land".

Battle Plan Format:  Players will be divided into 2 teams.  All attempts will be made to maximize Allied/Axis pure sides in an effort to minimize Red on Red or Blue on Blue matches.  All battles will be fought over a "campaign" map.  Team A (Axis) is the Campaign Attacker and is conducting an offensive.  Team B (Allied) is the Campaign Defender.  The campaign map is divided into sectors with each sector having an active battle location.  Each sector has a total 7 locations (one neutral and 3 on each team's side of the Campaign map).  

Each round's battle for a sector determines the location for the next round's battle.  Depending on the type of mission fought in the previous round, a particular sector's next active location will move left or right in favor of the victor (towards the losing side).  For the next mission, the winning side of the previous battle will be the attacker and the losing side will be the defender.  
The mission type for rounds 2-3 are determined by battle location based on which side won the last battle and what type of battle that was fought in the previous round for that sector.

Players will be assigned to sectors by "High Command" (i.e the Tournament Organizer), based on ability and previous successes.  For example, the top ranked player from Team A will play the top ranked player from Team B each round. Should a situation develop where the top ranked players have already faced each other, they will instead face the second place player from each side.  All attempts will also be made to ensure players do not play a 2nd game on the same table.

Victory Conditions:

The team that has more battle locations under their control after Round 3 will be declared the winner.

Awards:

- Best Commander each side (Tie breakers in order are: Head to Head, painting score, sportsmanship score) will receive a Frontal Assault II Best Commander Medal and an item from the prize support pool.

- Best Painted Army will receive a Frontal Assault II Best Painted Army Medal and an item from the prize support pool.  All armies will be inspected during the lunch break by a Foundry Staff member.  

- Best Table will receive a medal and an item from the prize support pool.

- Winning Side.  All members of the winning side will receive a certificate commemorating their achievement.

- There will also be a drawing between the 1st and 2nd round and the 2nd and 3rd round with prizes provided by WWPD.  There will be a grand prize drawing at the end of the tournament for all those players who are present and completed all their games to that point.  Prize is TDB.

- Finally, The Foundry is making available to all tournament participants a 10% discount on all in-store FoW items and a 15% discount on special orders!

Army Lists.

Lists can be drawn from any current (Version 3 approved) Battlefront Late War book or PDF.  This includes (but is not limited too):  “Atlantik Wall”, “Overlord”, “Market Garden”, “Bridge by Bridge”, “Red Bear”, “Grey Wolf”, “Desperate Measures”, “Blood, Guts and Glory”, “Nuts”, “Devils Charge”, “Cassino”, “Dogs and Devils”, “Panzers to the Meuse” PDF, etc...  

Easy Army (www.EasyArmy.com) can be (and is encouraged to be) used for list creation.  Should there be any differences between an EasyArmy list and official publications (rules, lists, clarifications, etc…) the official publication will take precedence.  

Players can email their lists to the TO (FoWTourney@knology.net) prior to noon (Central Time) on 22 April 2014 if they wish.  This is assumed to be their final list; if there are any changes, players must furnish an update via email prior to the 22 April 2014 cut-off or at registration on 26 April 2014.  

Please make at least 2 copies of your list.  One copy of the final list will be turned in to the Tournament Organizer at registration and one is for your use during the tournament.  It is also encouraged that you make at least one additional copy for your opponents to use during your matches. If you email your list to the TO prior to noon (Central Time) on 22 April 2014, the TO will make 5 copies of your list…one for the TO’s records, one for you and one for each of your 3 opponents.  Should there be any changes to your list after 22 April, players must furnish the required copies of the list as stated above.

Lists cannot exceed 1750 points.

Fortified Companies are allowed.

Best Table Competition.  Players have the opportunity to set up a table for the tourney.  Players will have the opportunity to rate each table (1-10 scale) after their game on the qualities of Balance, Tactical Challenge, and Overall Appearance.  Table with the highest score wins.  Tie-breaks go to highest single score of Balance, Tactical Challenge, then Appearance.  Should a tie still exists, then the players game scores will be used (including those tie breakers).  In the event a tie STILL exists, a d6 will be used until a winner is determined.
Back to top Go down
Magyar Steel

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:36 am

Sign me up for Axis. (If necessary, I can switch to Allies to balance the red v blue)
Back to top Go down
Magyar Steel

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 pm

How are we looking on registration? I'd like to have an idea of what's going on.
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 11:07 am

Still on track.  Looks to be pretty close to the same turnout as last year.  But that is a good point....if you're interested and haven't registered with me let me know!   Will post a list of those confirmed soon.
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 7:27 am

Ok...we are looking good so far here is what I have:

Steve T --- Axis ---1 Table
Michael R --- US --- 1 Table
Jose --- US --- 1 Table
Ordance11 ---??? --- Table?
TankRider --- Side? ---Table?
Rick --- Axis --- Table?
Wartoy --- Side? --- Table?
Red-1 --- Soviets --- Table?
Gorden --- side? --- Table
Nightbringer --- Side? --- Table?
Andrew A --- Side? --- Table?
Tom A ---Side? --- Table?

Also waiting to her back from a few locals and the Auburn crew.

If you want to do a table let me know as soon as you can so I can see how many I need to provide. Look forward to this guys!
Back to top Go down
Magyar Steel

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Since several players still have not yet declared a nationality, I (steve t) will retain my side-switch option.

Also, Jeff and Jeffery Hauck may come to this one, I expect to confirm with them tomorrow. If they do participate, there is no concern with balance, Jeff plays Soviets while Jeffery plays Germans
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Was informed today we have a HARD cap of 20 players. There is still some room, but let me know ASAP so I can lock you in!

So we have:

Ordance11 (Jose) ---US --- 1 Table
TankRider (Charlie)--- Side? ---Table?
Rick --- Axis --- Table?
Wartoy --- Side? --- Table?
Gorden --- side? --- Table
Nightbringer --- Brits--- No Table
Andrew A --- Side? --- Table?
Tom A ---Side? --- Table?
Jason Tucker --- Side? ---Table?
Ben Tucker --- Side? --- Table?
Papa Tucker --- US? --- Table?
Dan Nixon --- German --- Table?
Back to top Go down
SonBae

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 6:45 am

Player Update: We lost 3 but gained 2 more...we stand at:

Ordance11 (Jose) ---US --- 1 Table
TankRider (Charlie)--- UK ---No Table
Nightbringer (Paul) --- Brits--- No Table
Andrew A --- German --- No Table
Jason Tucker --- German ---No Table
Ben Tucker --- Canadian --- No Table
Dan Nixon --- German --- Table?
John Armstrong--- German --- No Table
Branden S --- Germans --- No Table
David S --- Russians --- No Table

13 strong with 7 Allied and 6 Axis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14   Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frontal Assault II Tournie 26 Apr 14
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Foundry Forums :: Flames of War :: Flames of War General Discussion-
Jump to: