The Foundry Forums

All things related to Table Top Gaming

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to our website!! Please register an account and come chat with us or check out our calendar of events.   And don't forget to visit our Web Store for our Magic Singles !

How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WD40

How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG? Empty
PostSubject: How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG?   How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:53 pm

So I am new to FoW, and have already ran into an issue, as well as made my first purchase mistake! This has me wondering how strict FoW games are on WYSIWIG. (What You See Is What You Get)

1. The issue I ran into with one squad is I needed Panzergrenadiers for an Earth and Steel list I am building. Turns out I needed Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers. So I have the wrong kind of half-tracks. Same weaponry, same squad, just one uses a french half track, the other is a german boxed half track. Also several of the MGs for the teams are deformed, one didn't even have its barrel cast!

2. The other purchase mistake is I need 15cm Nebelwerfers. I made the mistake of buying the 30cm Nebelwerfers. These are the only rocket artillery in my army.

Coming from WH40K, I know the answer would be "Suck it up and buy the right boxes" I just wondered how strict FoW is on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magyar Steel

PostSubject: Re: How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG?   How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:43 pm

FOW is only "relatively" strict about WYSIWIG. As long as the "proxy" models are the same type of team, similar size, same size base (if the model uses a base), running by proxy is fine. As long as your opponent is aware of what the model is notionally supposed to be, you should be fine.

Just nothing absurd like running a half-track as a proxy for a King Tiger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magyar Steel

PostSubject: Re: How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG?   How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Also, regarding the deformed infantry, CONTACT BATTLEFRONT CUSTOMER SERVICE, as long as you can supply the packer code and product name/code, THEY ARE VERY GOOD ABOUT SHIPPING YOU REPLACEMENTS FOR MISSING/DAMAGED PARTS AND FIGURES AT NO COST.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG?   How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Strict is FoW on WYSIWIG?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Foundry Forums :: Flames of War :: Flames of War General Discussion-
Jump to: